Discover Artificial Grass Ideas for Garden & Backyard
Increasing number of families are choosing artificial grass for their gardens and backyards to reduce the stress of maintaining lawns and give themselves more time to relax. If you are striving to have a good-looking, high-quality artificial grass garden soon, check out some of our real-life examples of garden and backyard turf installations here. You can get artificial grass design ideas and inspiration for garden and backyard layouts.
Why installing artificial grass for backyard or garden?
Beautiful, tidy and safe green space
Imagine a cozy house with a beautiful garden and lots of grass to sit on and relax! And with your clothes free from mud and grass stains, away from insects and residual chemicals, synthetic grass lawn gives you the freedom to enjoy your yard to the fullest.
Save water, save money
Installing artificial grass in backyard or garden can help save water, especially in some water shortage areas. Fake grass uses far less water than real grass, doesn’t need water to keep it green, and doesn’t require fertilizers or pesticides. The low-maintenance nature of synthetic grass makes it an eco-friendly and money-saving option.
Durable & long-lasting
The long-lasting durability of artificial turf keeps its green color remain bright for a long time, making it ideal for families with pets and children, as well as those who are keen on sports. CCGrass selects the highest quality raw materials to ensure that our artificial grass can withstand years of high levels of foot traffic, is colorfast in the sun.
Add value to your property
Well-installed artificial turf greatly enhances curb appeal and improves the appearance of your home, which can positively add resale value to your home. Our synthetic turf has good UV resistance, won’t fade or discolor over time, and your grass lawn will look beautiful to visitors no matter the season. As the saying goes that first impressions are everything, and curb appeal can make a big difference in how your home feels.
12+ Artificial grass ideas and designs to makeover your garden & backyard
1. A large and elegant garden that creates unparalleled curb appeal. Artificial turf is an excellent choice, as it could be difficult to maintain such a large garden with real grass
2. The design is perfect for leisurely gatherings with family or friends. Our lush turf is laid on vintage flagstone, and the different surfaces contrast perfectly to keep the backyard alive.
3. Artificial grass is playful in design and combines with flower beds and a variety of natural plants to showcase an ultra-natural look.
4. A delicate backyard with sleek lines and crisp design. Artificial grass makes it easier to keep the space neat and tidy, creating a sense of tranquility for this exquisite backyard. Pair it with a white chaise longue and sun umbrella for a minimalist modern look.
5. Turfs best match with tiles. Sometimes our artificial grass is embedded around the tiles, providing a different kind of elegance and neatness to the open backyard.
6. A large and welcoming garden with artificial putting green, swimming pool, seating area, great for relaxation and entertainment. Rustic resin pathways that divide artificial lawn areas add character to the garden.
7. This small garden uses artificial lawn to make the area feel bigger. A wooden deck with chic furniture serves as a seating area with panoramic views of the vibrant garden.
8. Artificial turf is ideal as a play area for children, providing a soft foot feel and fall cushioning. It is also mud-free, durable, and can withstand the wear and pressure of equipment.
9. The synthetic turf that separates the irregular pool from the cobblestone path adds a touch of green and is a great addition to the backyard. Also, artificial grass around the pool keeps bare feet comfortable and reduces slippage.
10. This design contrasts the vibrant green grass with the grey wood fence, paired with ornamental plants to bring the garden to life and full of spring vibes.
11. Give your backyard a lush activity area for children and pets. Artificial turf, tiles, and cobblestones make this kid-friendly backyard simple and stylish.
12. If you’re a golfer enthusiast, any time you want to play golf, all you have to do is grab your putter, walk into your yard, and start enjoying the manicured putting green.
How to install turf in backyard/garden？(6 steps)
Step 1: Space Planning
The first step for artificial turf installation is to plan out and measure your garden, figure out how much artificial grass you will need.
Step 2: Base preparation
This is a special mix of gravel and sand which allows for proper drainage.
Step 3: Compact the base
Compact the loose material into a strong base with the help of a roller or vibrating plate (both can be hired).
Step 4: Lay out the artificial grass
Lay the turf flat in the sun for a few hours to allow it to stretch – this will remove creases and the fibers will be in better condition. When paving, stretch the grass to make sure it’s nice and flat and anchor the turf to the edge with U-shaped nails.
When working with multiple rolls of artificial grass, it is very important to ensure that the piles on each roll are facing the same direction. Crossing yarn directions will result in poor appearance.
Step 5: Fix the seam
• Cut off the manufacturing edge strip (if present) or cut off another stitch so that there is as little backing as possible next to the stitch and butt the two edges together.
• Fold back the edges and position self-adhesive jointing tape so that the edges of the carpet meet down the center of the tape when jointed.
• Fold the turf back into the adhesive tape starting from one end. Walk your way down the seam carefully, jointing the two pieces together. Make sure tufts aren’t damaged or buried.
Step 6: Sprinkle and brush silica sand
The final step for artificial grass installation is to spread silica sand across your artificial lawn, building the depth in layers. Use a stiff brush or electric broom to vertically brush synthetic grass during sand filling.
Check out our concise and informative installation video to help you visualize the installation process.
How to maintain artificial grass?
Regular maintenance of synthetic grass can keep the lawn fresh and beautiful and extend its life circle.
- Remove debris, such as leaves, from the lawn. You can collect the debris by hand, with a grass brush or a bristle broom.
- Remove dust and pollen. You can simply rinse your grass with a water hose so that you can basically remove dust and pollen without accumulating too much waste.
- Rake the turf so that the blades stand up.It is recommended to increase the frequency of brushing in areas with heavy traffic, not only to keep your grass upright and beautiful but also to ensure the longevity of your artificial turf.
- For mildly soiled areas, a basic mixture of warm water and a small amount of mild household detergent solution will do the trick! Just wipe it with a sponge and then rinse.
For more tips on tricky stains, please read our guide: How to Clean Artificial Grass?